Working for a business based out of London Bridge who are building an industry-leading Pay application alongside tooling and integrations to make the process seamless for its users and clients.
As the Lead Ruby Engineer, you will lead the architecting and development of their leading platform and application, both in improving its capacity and also its feature set in a highly scalable manner. As the lead Ruby engineer, you will work closely with the other Leads (Front End, Back End and DevOps) to rapidly make changes and enhance their product. The company has grown significantly in revenue this year and are now looking to increase their team capacity with exceptional engineers.
You will be hands-on, contributing to the complex features of the Ruby code as well as mentoring both juniors and mids, into architecting great software and writing great Ruby code to deliver timely releases
Roles & Responsibilities
• Architect, develop and maintain scalable Ruby APIs on AWS for the tools and API’s of the application.
• Work closely with DevOps to scale the backend services on AWS and maximise reliability and availability
• Improve the monitoring our services and implement alerts and failovers
• Help design and improve the schemas of the relational databases
Skills & Experience
• Extensive commercial experience in Ruby on Rails (10+ years)
• Excellent experience of AWS
• Experience in designing APIs and API-first web applications
• Automated testing
• Experience in designing relational databases such as Postgres, MariaDB, MySQL
• Knowledge of web authentication mechanisms and security threats
• Strong understanding of event-driven and reactive infrastructures
• Very strong experience in containers technologies – Docker
• Exposure to Serverless architectures on AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, S3 etc)
• Strong experience in setting up basic CI pipelines ideally with CircleCI
If you are looking for a step up in responsibility and to show case your technical Ruby ability, then this could be for you.
Lead Ruby Engineer