Python Developer – Python, AWS, Elasticsearch, Redis, SQL Server, API’s. Remote
Working for a financial data company this role will be working on the development of intelligent storage, ETL and deployment solutions.
As a Python engineer with strong Elasticsearch skills the main part of your role will consist of finding solutions to consume and store data sets, deploy and optimise the vast number of algorithms and data solutions for both internal and external consumption within the financial services markets. With the nature of the industry being the way it is, the rapid processing of data sets will be paramount to their clients and as such you must be very comfortable with being able to do this and work in a fast and efficient manner.
The company itself is a financial data business that enables its clients to amalgamate all its financial data sources into one unified data solution platform. This platform is the first data experience platform built specifically to bring all the real time financial market data, including, news, social media, web, market datasets, alerts and notifications, to the most effective channel for each of its clients.
This delivers exceptionally individually personalised financial market data experiences on one single platform, leading to rapid and enhanced decision making to be carried out on the financial markets.
Skills and Requirements
• Familiar with serverless functions
• Fluent in Python, and experience with python package management and deployment
• Experienced with using python science packages would be beneficial
• Expert at algorithm optimisation and scaling
• Skilled with Elasticsearch, SQL Server, AWS and Redis
• Experience with building API’s
• Understanding multi-process architecture
• Understanding of accessibility and security
• Knowledge of user authentication and authorization
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
• Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
• CI/CD tools for automation
Interviews within 48 hours for a January start