Ruby Engineer – Ruby, Rails, BDD, TDD, MySQL, AWS
A new opportunity for a Ruby Engineer to join a company that are developing a new app to be the communication platform of choice for the Healthcare sector, specifically in hospitals where the communication methods are still antiquated in their technology. They have successfully rolled out across 15 healthcare organisations so far and have the required permissions to continue further.
The office is based in Central London, but this can be a fulltime remote role if you require. As the Ruby engineer, you will be joining their small but highly agile and efficient development team. You will be working on creating and building leading edge mobile and web apps within a new market sector for the business.
You will have strong knowledge within Ruby and the Rails framework, as well as being passionate about agile methodologies and processes, specifically TDD, BDD and scrum.
You will understand the full development lifecycle and release schedule, and ideally have a good grasp of other languages and understand the current iterations of mobile architecture. Experience in software engineering, design and architecture from an Agile approach would also be beneficial.
Tech and requirements:
• Ruby on Rails
• Building and consuming REST APi’s
• Infrastructure running on AWS.
• Fully CI driven
• Infrastructure as Code utilizing AWS ECS, Terraform, GitLab, Docker, Consul
• Have a wide and deep knowledge of software engineering and core web technologies
• Ideally a working knowledge of modern full stack development techniques
• Ownership for deployment and testing strategies for our backend
• Design and implementation of several projects for web services on mobile apps.