Senior QA Engineer – Python- Selenium
To contribute to the delivery of clients product development strategy, ensuring that quality and integrity of the products is maintained in all releases. This will be done by writing and updating automated functional tests using Python and Selenium (plus other tools)
• Creating and maintaining automated end-to-end test scripts in Python.
• Contribute and enhance the existing test automation framework and scripts.
• Working with development and business teams in identification, design, and development of automated test scripts.
• Make an active contribution to all Agile rituals (Standups, Planning, Retros etc.)
• Conducting code reviews, mentoring, and guiding junior team members.
• Take a pro-active role with production issues, and in supporting continuous deployment and delivery activities.
• Contribute towards the wider QA community to facilitate knowledge sharing.Knowledge Required
• Extensive experience in automated software test development using latest open-source tools.
• Excellent working knowledge on Selenium Webdriver with Python or Java.
• Experienced in developing test automation frameworks from scratch using frameworks like Pytest, TestNG or Junit.
• Experience in developing automated test scripts for Restful API’s.
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, programming practices and Object-Oriented principles.
• Excellent working knowledge on source code repositories, branching and merging strategies using Git and GitHub/Bitbucket.
• Strong knowledge of automated build and deployment, CI/CD pipelines using industry standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Harness etc.).
• Good knowledge on Selenium Grid and experience working with third party grid solutions is desirable.
• Basic knowledge of SQL on any RDBMS (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL etc.).
• Good understanding of HTTP, HTML, JSON, YAML, CSS, XPath, and Restful web services.
• Working knowledge of defect tracking and test management tools, preferably Jira.Skills and Experience Required
• Awareness of Software development/testing lifecycle and experience working within fast-paced agile environments.