Software Engineer/Full-Stack Developer – Ruby, Node.js, Elixir, Scala, Microservices, AI, Hybrid remote
This is a permanent position to work with an existing team of passionate full-stack developers to work on their web product, which adopts a micro services approach, develop new features, functionality and new products. This is really going to suit someone who has used some of their stack and really wants to expand their engineering practices deeper and further into al the technologies that they use
You will have strong commercial experience in one of Ruby / Go / Node.js / Scala but ideally have an interest and have contributed something in one or more of the other technologies on GitHub. Strong development expertise on web platforms, high volume high transactional websites is important, as is understanding technologies and architecture required to allow scaling. They adopt a microservices approach and do ideally want you to have commercial experience following this.
A key part of this position will be helping to improve user and advert responses using Machine Learning and AI, so some really exciting projects to sink your teeth into. They are a tech first, leading edge firm who want their developers to come up with ideas, be creative and challenge the code base as choose the tools they need to create cool and unique products and features.
What You Will Do.
• Work on their web product, which adopts a micro services approach, develop new features, functionality and new products.
• Scaling their product – Managing its ability to handle increasing load and transactions through the systems
• Improve user experience and advert responses using Machine Learning and AI
What They Want.
• Experienced Developer on Web Platforms, High Volume, High Transactional Websites.
• Looking for commercial experience in any of Ruby, Node.js, Scala or Elixir
• A keen interest in other Open Source and active contributors to the community via Github/Stack Overflow.
• Code Agnostic Developers who love playing with different languages and tools.
• Industry experience building robust & scalable systems.
• Experience with cloud systems both PAAS (e.g. Heroku) and IAAS (e.g. AWS)
• Strong knowledge of data storage and analysis
• Distributed systems
• Manage messaging queues – Kafka, RabbitMQ
• Stream Processing (Samza, Spark, Storm)
• Titanium Mobile Framework
• Agile, Kanban approach
If you are an experienced software engineer that wants to take the next step in expanding your career and working with the latest tech, then let’s schedule a call